Tuesday, April 16, 2013

SPA BABY

I must admit I really love going to the Spa.  I try and go as often as my time and my pocketbook will allow.  With so much of my cash finding it’s way into my gas tank these days I think I will be cutting back on my “feel good” spa outings.   While it may not be good for my sanity and my overall feeling of “wellness” I have to have gas in the car.
What to do??? 
Of course I love the feeling of relaxation, calm and well being that goes with a visit to my favorite spa (and yes, I am addicted to Hot Stone Massages) but I have had to come up with some home based alternatives to get me through.  Here is my first in a series of favorite stopgap measures to ease your mind and smooth your body between trips to the spa.
EXFOLIATE USING A LOOFAH 
A loofah is one of the best things you can do for your skin and it a great way to exfoliate your entire body.  You can do it quickly and daily in the shower.  The best results are had when your skin is super hydrated from the water in the shower. Try to wait for five minutes, this way you will need less pressure and will not scratch your skin.  Use circular motions and medium pressure.   Do not go as quickly as if you would if you were using a sponge.  Pay particular attention to hard and dry areas such as heels, elbows, knees and the back of your thighs.  You can use soap or a body wash with special softeners.  
For those hard to reach areas like your back you might consider a back loofah (a long brush with a loofah at the end) or a backstrap (a terry and loofah strap with handles) a very fun and fancy touch.
Rinse your loofahs well after cleansing.  Let them dry out after every use.  When stored correctly loofahs have a very long life.  Because they are so affordable you don’t have to worry about replacing them when they loose their scrubbiness.
Finally before you towel off, apply your favorite body lotion.  Moisturizing your skin when it is wet is the most effective way to keep you skin hydrated.  It is the best way to seal in the results of exfoliation.
The five minutes or less that this will take will return amazing benefits. Your skin will be smooth ….just like at the spa and I promise you will feel almost as relaxed!  Stay tuned for other at home spa solutions.

-BTW…did you know that a loofah is an edible plant enjoyed in many parts of the world? It is the dried plant that we use for exfoliation. 

Click on this link to see our assortment of loofahs. http://bit.ly/glrLgm

No comments:

Post a Comment