Friday, May 20, 2011

Getting Ready..

My dear friend Biny has opted for a destination wedding. So in a few short weeks I will be jetting off to Mexico to frolic with the happy couple and a hundred or so of their nearest and dearest. Of course I needed to go shopping, heaven forbid I did not have proper tropical attire. I could not resist one of the new long maxi dresses in shades of blue. -Just how chic will that look while sipping cocktails on the beach?!- Metallic sandals, long dangling earrings, and I was already feeling slightly woozy.

Reality bit me good when I hit the 'Swimsuit Department'. Why is the ultimate staple of summer the hardest and most stressful things to shop for? Why does trying on bathing suits make almost every woman I know want to head for the nearest cocktail lounge? I remember my Mom telling me that when she tried on swimwear, she always left her pantyhose on so her legs looked firm and tan. A good idea, but who wears pantyhose anymore?

Even before I reach the dreaded dressing room with the horrible lighting and fully length mirrors, I am faced with a zillion choices: bikinis, tankinis, strapless, one pieces, solids, printed, pleated, skirted, and the list goes on and on. I have read every single article on how to match the perfect swimsuit to my less than perfect figure so I have some ideas. 'Plunging' ahead, I picked five suits that I thought might work for me. After trying on the first two suits, I began to calm down and actually thought I looked pretty good in a black and white printed tankini. I paid for it and moved on.

Remembering how pale and winter white I looked in my new tankini, I thought of how much better I would look once I was tanned. But why wait? With so many self-tanning choices available, why not hit the beach with a nice 'healthy' glow?

A number of my friends have raved about the results of the professional spray tanning done in spas and salons. While the results are often very good, it is expensive, ranging from $25 to $75 for a single application. While the do it yourself home versions are far less convenient, they are more affordable and that is what I opted for.

Self-tanners come in may forms -Lotions, gels, mousses, creams, sprays, and even towelettes. The most important thing in picking a tanner is to select a quality product. My favorite is 'Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel'. At about $33 it is expensive but worth it. It is easy to apply, not stick, and dries quickly to a streak free tan.

Next time I will share a few tips I have learned (the hard way) about using self-tanners. Exfoliating by dry brushing is top of the list. Check out some of my exfoliating body brushes on BathtubBuzz.com

Talk to you very soon!

xoxo -Bizzie Buzz-

No comments:

Post a Comment